Located just outside the Exhibits, the ALA Store at the 2015 ALA Annual Conference offers products that meet the widest range of your promotional and continuing education/professional development needs—as well as fun gift items. Make sure to carve out some time in your schedule to stop by and examine the many new and bestselling items available!
ALA Store hours:
Friday, June 26 12:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Saturday, June 27 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, June 28 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Monday, June 29 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
ALA Graphics will feature a number of popular posters, bookmarks, and promotional materials, including the conference debuts of a new Batgirl poster, the GLBT Book Month Poster, and the 2015 Banned Books Week t-shirt. You’ll want to visit the ALA Store on Saturday for a silent auction of a rare, signed out-of-print Whoopi Goldberg READ poster (winner announced at 4 pm). Snoopy will also be making an appearance on Saturday morning; bring your camera and get a photo with this beloved dog. And stop by early to get your pick of conference t-shirts—they sell out fast!
ALA Editions and ALA divisions are excited to offer several new titles hot off the press, such as “The Weeding Handbook: A Shelf-by-Shelf Guide,” by Rebecca Vnuk; the new ninth edition of OIF’s “Intellectual Freedom Manual”; and “A Year of Programs for Millennials and More,” by Amy J. Alessio, Katie LaMantia, and Emily Vinci. Come by the ALA Store for these special Meet the Author events:
Saturday, June 27
- 1:00 pm: Judy Freeman (coauthor, “The Handbook for Storytellers”)
Sunday, June 28
- 9:30 am: Christine A. Jenkins and Michael Cart (authors, “Top 250 LGBTQ Books for Teens: Coming Out, Being Out, and the Search for Community”)
- 11:00 am: Peter Hernon (coauthor, “Assessing Service Quality: Satisfying the Expectations of Library Customers, Third Edition”)
- 1:00 pm: Dorothy Stoltz, Marisa Conner, and James Bradberry (authors, “The Power of Play: Designing Early Learning Spaces”)
- 3:30 pm: Valerie Nye and Kathy Barco (editors, “True Stories of Censorship Battles in America's Libraries”)
Remember that you can now find titles from ALA Neal-Schuman and Facet Publishing in the ALA Store. You can also get free shipping on all book orders placed in the ALA Store (posters, bookmarks, and other gift-type items are not eligible for this offer).
Stop by the ALA Store to learn more about our eLearning products, as well as take part in live demos of RDA Toolkit.
Prices at the ALA Store automatically reflect the ALA Member discount, so there’s no need to dig out your Member number. And remember that every dollar you spend at the ALA Store helps support library advocacy, awareness, and other key programs and initiatives!