We just wrapped up the second session of the ALA Editions Workshop Patron-Driven Acquisition: Radically Rethinking the Collection with Rick Anderson. We had some fantastic discussion during this event, and we’re using the comments area of this post to continue it. Whether you attended or not, feel free to join the conversation!
Rick’s Takeaway Questions from this Workshop
- What problems am I trying to solve?
- How does my institution define waste?
- What is my library trying to do with its collections?
- How big a role should patron-driven strategies play in my library?
- What characteristics do I need to be looking for in a PDA model?